Bienvenue à City College French Blog

Enjoy my blog. Should you have any questions, please contact me through the profile contact.

This is how I see it, Entre les murs

Friday, October 8, 2010

Seventh Day of Class


Wednesday, September 22, 2010
I got my teeth cleaned today at eleven a.m. The stains were so bad and as a teacher, it’s unprofessional to have these things.  It almost insults my integrity as a teacher (well, that and bad breath).  I’m teaching proper grammar and vocabulary and I have stains on my teeth...
Clothes: Black long sleeved form fitted blouse, green white and black skirt, high heels (black) necklace: Rose gold black pearl that my Dad got me, Nanny’s broche. Nails: an affair in red square… Hair: Curly. Make-up: natural
One of my students who disappeared the last three lectures, Emily, showed up in class with all of her homework done.  Emily shocked me because of her absences and that she didn’t email me or anything in well over a week.  Her absences weren’t the only shocking thing. She got an A on the last chapter test, and begged for an Add code.

We had the Chapter 1 test, watched a little of BBC’s MUZZY, episode 2 of our text book movie and started adjectives.  Adjectives are fun because they are so important.  I want to make an extensive powerpoint for them.  Michael figured out how to have the text disappear and then re-appear. I want to learn how.
Another one of my students missed class but gave me advanced notice.  She couldn’t find a babysitter for her 3 year old daughter.  I notified her that I would allow her to take a make-up exam on Tuesday during my office hours.
I’m so tired and I have to work at the receptionist job tomorrow. Today has been a long, but very productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment