Bienvenue à City College French Blog

Enjoy my blog. Should you have any questions, please contact me through the profile contact.

This is how I see it, Entre les murs

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lab Day

Tuesday September 21, 2010
Today was a lab hour and office hour.  I had 3 students show up: including Wrigley, Jose, and Erin. I was shocked by the turn out rate. It's so rare to even have one student show up unannounced, the whole semester; let alone three in one hour and a half session.
They're also probably pretty nervous about the test.  They have the Chapter 1 Quiz tomorrow and it's a pretty big thing for students.  The group of students is a really good mix of people.  It seems really diverse and great camaraderie.  The cliques have formed and I know everyone’s name… Finally!
On their little cultural dossier, I learned so much about the Eiffel Tower and the surrounding landmarks in this city.  The assignment was to find out specific information on the Eiffel Tower and compare it to a landmark in the city in which you live.  From my student the Attorney, she informed me of a little known fact between a law suit about a California based city suing the city of Paris.  After reading the homework assignments I was in awe over just how much I learned (granted the assignment was in English, but never-the-less it was done with pride by my students, or the vast majority.  We’ll see how the test goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment