Bienvenue à City College French Blog

Enjoy my blog. Should you have any questions, please contact me through the profile contact.

This is how I see it, Entre les murs

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fifth Day of Class

Wednesday September 15, 2010
Teaching was great! I walked in and said "Bonsoir tout le monde" and everyone responded, "Bonsoir!" A great and welcoming way to enter class.  I also trained my class to clap after someone has a mini-presentation.
Hair: Curly, with a bumpit and 1/2 up 1/2 down.  Grey slacks, black French cotton shirt (wrap and ties around waste 3/4 length sleeves).  Shoes: Black Ann Taylor heels. Jewelry: my gold heart bracelet, with D's silver heart bracelet & Nanny's pearl safety pin.
Joe brought me Antonio yesterday in the lab.  I slept well and was finally well-rested and motivated to teach.
I graded the homework at my house.  All my carpets were cleaned this morning.  My lessons are more and more fine-tuned.  It’s fantastic because the students respond very well.




I showed them a couple of Jean de la Fontaine fables and they liked it.  We had a pop quiz on the verb être and 2 students in my class have never heard of Bryan Adams.  I was so shocked.  Like OMG shocked.
After, we sung happy birthday to hector and I gave him his cart and giftà sour patch kids.  Everyone in class seemed to like that.  I want to do my lesson on skittles soon.  That’s a fun one.  We went over the verb aller and être.  They haven’t yet learned aller, but I taught it because they know most of it with “Comment allez-vous?” “Comment vas-tu?” “Je vais bien.”  That’s half of the verb there, so I figured they needed to know the whole verb conjugated out.
So…thoughts for next class include candy. When is my next pay day? Maybe I can teach them the verb avoir and incorporate that with numbers and colors (or is that too much to go over before we actually get to it in the book?)  My class seems pretty sharp, so I think they can do it.
After class, a student approached me and said, “I wanted to do something on San**….’s Hockey team! A lot of the players are from Québec.  I laughed and said, “I know.  I met one of them two weeks ago.” She was shocked and wanted to know where and more importantly how. I told her that I went out with my friend Fatima (Hoda was there and asked how Fati was doing).  Fatima informed me that she found a quebecois Francophone. I didn’t believe that Fatima could have possibly found a quebecois who spoke French in a place so distant from Quebec, so she introduced me. I found out that he was a hockey player later that night.  Ironically the next week on Saturday, Fatima went out with her friends and who does she bump into again?
It’s a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment